To discover an artifact, these steps must occur in order:
- A player must find a Foundry.
- Once that Foundry reaches at least 95% of it's energy cap, the player can click the "Prospect" button.
- After Prospecting completes, the player MUST click the "Find" button and successfully complete the "Find" transaction within 250 xDai blocks.
- After the Find transaction completes, the Foundry now has an artifact within it that the player can then activate, move to another planet, or withdraw via a Spacetime Rip.
The score for an artifact is calculated as soon as the artifact is discovered, after the "Find" transaction completes. The score is automatically rewarded to the player who found the artifact. If the artifact exchanges hands afterwards and another player gets it, the score does NOT get transferred.
Certain levels of Foundry are guaranteed to yield certain rarities of artifact:
- Level 1 Foundry = Common Artifact
- Level 2/3 Foundry = Rare Artifact
- Level 4/5 Foundry = Epic Artifact
- Level 6/7 Foundry = Legendary Artifact
- Level 8+ Foundry = Mythic Artifact
There is a chance that from a foundry that should give the artifact of their foundry level instead gives an artifact of an higher rarity, for example: I found a Lvl 4 Foundry, that should give me an Epic Artifact, but when I "find" it I receive an Legendary Artifact, this means the Foundry gave me an artifact 2 levels higher than it should be, the % of this chances to happen are 1,5% for 2 levels higher and 6% for 1 level higher.